As of March 2008, PayPal funds could not be withdrawn to the newly launched Maybankard Visa Debit. Even a commenter on my blog and a member at eBay.com.my forum shared similar experience. This issue is not surprising as the card is being launched last week.
Should Maybank allow withdrawals of PayPal funds to their Visa Debit card in the near future, the following are some compelling reasons for you to get this Visa Debit card:
- Avoid cash advance fee: If you plan to withdraw your PayPal funds at the ATM, Visa Debit card helps you to avoid cash advance fee imposed on credit cards used to withdraw cash from ATM machines. With Visa Debit, withdrawal at Maybank ATM is free. RM 12 is imposed for each withdrawal overseas on PLUS platform (see the PLUS logo on some ATM machines?)
- One card for liquid cash: If you used to have a debit card to withdraw your PayPal funds and another Bankcard ATM card, you only need one card now to manage your liquid cash in your bank account. This Visa Debit card supports Bankcard/MEPS platform (support of local banks’ ATMs) – card to support your local and overseas transactions.
- Save on Fees: Card renewal is free of charge. There is no annual fee to maintain like most ATM cards in Malaysia. In short, it is free for life as well!
- Save Time: Now you need less time to manage your money. Similar to Al Rajhi Visa ATM Debit card, Maybank’s Visa Debit is tied to savings or current account. If there is any payment at Visa merchants or ATM withdrawal, funds are deducted directly from your savings or current account. If you are cash rich and do not rely on credit, you can say goodbye to monthly payment of credit card bills.
- Shop Overseas: Like any other Visa credit card holders, you can make payment with this Visa Debit card at more than 29 million Visa merchants worldwide including online merchants. If you were to shop overseas, please notify Maybank.
- Shop in Malaysia: You can use this card at any outlet displaying Bankcard logo in Malaysia. There are about 26000 local merchants accepting Bankcard payment including Carrefour.
- Petrol Pumps and Hotels: Unlike Public Bank’s Visa electron, you can use this card at petrol station pumps and hotels.
- TreatPoints: You earn 1 TreatPoints for every RM 3.00 spent. TreatPoints are redeemable under Maybank’s TreatsPoints programme.