Are you a busy person in Klang Valley but need a card to withdraw your PayPal funds? If yes, read on.
Public Bank’s Visa Electron is not the only debit card which allows withdrawal of PayPal funds. Al Rajhi Bank’s Visa ATM Debit Card-i has worked for a number of Malaysian PayPal account holders. This ATM Debit Card-i is issued when you apply for Al Rajhi’s Savings or Current account.
If you live in Klang Valley and have no time to visit the nearest branch, you can make an appointment with a staff of Al Rajhi Bank to deliver the card to you wherever you are in Klang Valley.
- Decide if you want a savings or current account (with cheque book). A minimum of RM 20 is required to open a savings account. If you decide to apply for a current account, be prepared with your RM 500.
- Make a photocopy of your IC (front and back on the same page)
- Download, print and fill up this form.
- Email Mr Muhammad Hafez Musa at muhammad-hafez.musa[at]alrajhibank.com.my of Al Rajhi Kajang to make an appointment to meet at a location of your convenience. Inform him that you require either a savings account or current account with the Visa ATM Debit card.
- Submit the photocopy of IC, form and initial deposit (RM 20 or RM 500) for your account registration when you meet him. You will then be given your Visa Debit Card-i.
- Add your Visa Debit Card to you PayPal account and enroll in Expanded Use Program to verify your PayPal account.
- You are done!
1. Is there any additional charge besides the initial deposit in my account?
Answer: No. According to Mr Hafez, he has nothing to gain. (Disclaimer: I am not responsible if any staff ask for service charge. Please decline the request if any Al Rajhi bank staff ask for it. It is their job and duty.)
2. How fast can I get my PIN to my card?
Answer: When you receive the Visa ATM Debit card. You can change at the nearest Al Rajhi Bank ATM machine.
3. Will I receive a passbook for this Savings or Current Account?
Answer: No. No passbook will be issued. There will only be online statements and statements delivered to your address as enjoyed by credit card holders.
4. Are Al Rajhi Bank staff allowed to sign up card holders by meeting up outside banks?
Answer: Yes. It is like any bank setting up booths to sign up credit card holders from time to time.